My Blog

Just a lil place to put my 2 cents about my life. Comments are most welcomed. Won't be updated much when I'm going through a busy time.

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Anniversaries

Anniversary.... comes from the word annual, which means yearly. It is usually associated with something we celebrate yearly, although some people tend to celebrate anniversaries monthly, bi-monthly, weekly, bla bla bla. There are many types of anniversaries... wedding anniversary, birthdays, company anniversary, relationship anniversary, and the list goes on...

Dates, there are many important ones in a person's life. Those which mean something special to themselves, sometimes could be painful, and sometimes its of someone special to them. Right now in my mind, I wanna imbue the 10th of December into the back of my mind... and erase the memories of this day many years ago.

I'm naturally an optimistic person, and I don't usually linger over sadness for extended periods of time... two days back, I came across some random guy's blog... http://forcezone.blogspot.com/

I stopped to wonder... have I been taking things too lightly? Am I supposed to still be greiving over the past? I went through pretty painful times, gone through the pain and greiving a few times... and I think there has to be a point where a guy snaps out of that crap. I've first seen Pak Lun go through it, then going through it myself... this self-destruction is something only the said person can pull himself out of. There are so many lost souls out there... because of love. At the same time, there is happiness and fulfillment which love brings. The take-home message to everyone reading out there... love with all your heart, don't hold back... when it ends, there's no turning back... but as long as there is nothing to regret about... move on with life, because whether you like it or not... life goes on. Sometimes we stare so intently at a door that just shut us out that we don't realize there are others staring at our door, waiting for it to be opened.

p/s: Love you Carl Lin!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:54 pm, Blogger Todd said…

    This is blasphemy!!! How absurd can you get Jacob? :D Anyway, good luck with life as usual. ;) I don't want to start my blog with something terrible like a robbery.

     
  • At 2:09 pm, Blogger Guohao said…

    blasphemy? I think he's right. Reading that guy's blog (which was linked from here) was really depressing...that guy needs a life..(and not just clubbing!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home