My Blog

Just a lil place to put my 2 cents about my life. Comments are most welcomed. Won't be updated much when I'm going through a busy time.

Sunday, March 20, 2005

IMU open day, sold my soul to the devil for 30 bucks. Not bad eh?

Ahh well, its IMU open day today. I woke up at 8:30am... reached IMU at about 9:15. There wasn't much to do and we weren't really clear on what to do either. So well, the bunch of us tour guides gathered up and received instructions. at 10:45am, we led the prospective clients of IMU around the place and giving a pretty much thorough tour... not that there's much to see around IMU anyway. It felt like.... sheparding lambs. Talking ones. =P Now that's reminding me of the roast lamb for Pak Lun's birthday.... yummy yum! The sauce was delicious and sour... anyway back to topic...

After giving the first tour, I went to claim my lunch (we got a lunch coupon each) from the reception. Fried rice with egg and anchovies, its pretty decent... no complaints there. Saw Khang Min first, then Carl Lin and her family. So, brought them around for a tour. Sat through the talk about the medical course with them as well. It was kinda weird though... sitting there listening to the whole talk and knowing the workings around IMU, I could as well just stand up front there and give the talk myself. Carl Lin and her family had to go home after the talk. I resumed my duties which was giving a guided tour about pharmacy by the way... sheesh! Seems they were having a lack of people.... guess only medic people are that free to go around giving tours? =p

Leg muscles were aching and my feet were crampy whole day long, due to basketball yesterday... it was quite a chore walking up and down the stairs. After every went off, I just hung around with Joseph in the student lounge where we talked about Christianity and as usual, fending off attempted brainwash. I respect each religion as they are and it is actually quite interesting to study them, and know how their beliefs work. But well, to me... the main purpose of religion is for self improvement, to guide humans in their way of life. To set limits and boundaries for weak-minded people who need some sort of security to hold on to. Talking about sin... a sin is a sin when it is a sin to yourself and only applies to yourself. To be judgemental about others sinning, or following set standards of what is sinning... well, I'd suppose to me, that's a sin. =p Thank goodness to Hippocrates many thousand years ago, there's such a thing called law. Now that's something worth believing in... and lawyers make a living out of it too.

And no, I don't believe in what's gonna happen after I die. I do believe that I have to live my life the very best because there's only one go at it... life is a game without a save/load option. Whatever decisions we make, whatever mistakes we make... the consequences will befall upon ourselves. Life is meant to be lived the way a person wants to live it. I do believe and hope that everyone around is doing that. Be it those of the religious sort or those who are not. It is important to have faith in what you believe in, expecially when it comes to religions. Don't preach what you wouldn't do. Incestuous rape cases in the newspapers are solid proof. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home