My Blog

Just a lil place to put my 2 cents about my life. Comments are most welcomed. Won't be updated much when I'm going through a busy time.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

A friend indeed

I first met him, got to know about him in standard 4... He was a pretty intelligent guy and somehow had this feeling of wanting to get to know him. We were from different classes and hence I wasn't able to make much of a contact. In standard 6, we were inevitably brought together in the same class due to the streaming ( Heaven knows what'd happened if I didn't >.< )

I guess our friendship started based on interests... we were both into games and computers. I'd been meddling with computers since before then. And so, we traded games to play. Of the few I remember would be X-Com and Seawolf. We'd talk away about them. I'd gone to his house a few times that year.

We walked to school together in high school, sat together, and the things we talked about started including guy stuffs... like about relationships, girls and sex. He's always the mature and knowledgable one, able to maintain his cool and as for me, I was hot-headed and bad tempered.

I still remember the time at the end of form 2 and the whole of form 3... I was framed of molesting a girl and my reputation pretty much went into the shit-hole at her school and mine. I was shunned and hated by the whole of my class, I guess not so much because of that... but because of my attitude and behavior. There was a time where someone went around the whole school spraying obscenities about me, some of them in town even... but worse of all, in my class! So well, our whole class got together and repainted the class.... and sadly history repeated itself. I really don't understand how some people can be so inconsiderate. If it were just me at fault then they should have directed their angers at me, not class property...

So anyway, there was this once where Mr.Lee finally decided to step in. He wanted to know what the class thought of me... asked me to step out of class, and said whomever wanted to accompany me to do so. And well, none but two stepped out with me. He was one of them, Yew Weng the other. I remember it till this day, the day when the whole world betrayed me... turned their backs against me... a true friend would step out.

I still remember the times we were studying at his place for PMR, the three of us.. Yew Weng, him and I. Mugged hard for history and geography while listening to songs or chatting at times... Turned out we did pretty well and score straight A's. Well, for me it was an achievement. I felt that for him, it was the matter of maintaining that standard.

We'd play badminton weekly since form 4 and it carried on through college days, whereby I went to Sunway and he, to Taylor's. Unsurprisingly, he did pretty excellently in SAM and then went off to Melbourne Uni in Australia to study medicine.

Once he phoned me all the way from Australia to make sure I was alright when I broke up with my ex...

There are just so many years to write about, so many things that happened together...

He is Christopher, my good buddy. I guess friendships are pretty much dictated by fate, but that much is just where you come to meet a person... the rest is really up to yourself. It is no different from getting to know a girl/guy whom you like...

Well, anyway... I'm glad to have wonderful friends. ^_^

3 Comments:

  • At 7:40 pm, Blogger Todd said…

    Aduhai.......Cho has amnesia. Even 'I' remember that.

    I was like? X-Com? dohhh chris...........lol haha

    his blog tak ada update....grrr

    time for dinner

    Oi Chris....come come play lancraft :D

     
  • At 5:53 pm, Blogger Guohao said…

    wah...I'm speechless ;p

    if i write an entry about a friend...is that plagiarism? hahaha
    (maybe i'll wait a month or two after everyone has forgotten...)

    cheers jacob!

    ps. of course u don't remember mr cho, you were in 'the other school' (the ones with the ugly badges!)

     
  • At 5:38 pm, Blogger Todd said…

    .....Plagiarism my head......

    Cheers and good day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home